Thursday, February 7, 2008

Unexpected Prayer Warriors



I just thought I would share a neat blessing with you from a parent's perspective. A couple of Sunday's ago we were able to be at our home church (Thompson Station). The Spirit of God began to move during the worship service and people started going to the altar. A few minutes later I found myself there as well and as I began to pray, I felt the hands of those around me and heard their whispered prayers on my behalf. Now I have felt this many times before but as I prayed I noticed there was something different about these hands and voices that were praying over me, so I thought that I would sneak a peak to see who these prayer warriors were and when I opened my eyes I was so moved to find them to be those of my daughter Victoria and her two close friends Taylor and Samantha. Yes, Twelve year old's praying for me. This father was truly moved and I began to thank God for these children because I know how He said suffer the little children to come to me and that was exactly what they were doing and it was a powerful moment for this dad. I am thankful that God allowed me to be a father but right now I'm overwhelmed by the understanding that we are all God's children and no matter the age when we speak He is listening. "Thank you Lord for a Childs prayer".


Buddy

1 comment:

Carol said...

Buddy,
Isn't it such a blessing to know that you have children who know and worship Christ? Isn't it nice when God allows them to show us that we have done something right in our teachings? We need to teach the children as they are the future. May God bless your prayer warrior and your family.